The Southeast Diesel Collaborative is pleased to announce its annual Clean Diesel Photo Contest. The photo contest will be part of the upcoming SEDC’s 12th Annual Partners meeting. The photos should reflect the mission statement of the Southeast Diesel Collaborative (SEDC) and each should illustrate and highlight the theme for the entered category in a creative manner.
Entrants may submit up to three images per each category listed below and may enter a total of six images. All photos are eligible for the People’s Choice Awards which will be based upon the results of voting by all attendees at the Meeting. Awards will be made for the first, second and third place images in each category. All judging will be “blind” with the photographer’s name not displayed during the judging period.
All submitted photographs must have been taken by the SEDC member submitting the image (please). Please also note two very important rules: Only submit what you have personally photographed!-no ad campaign photos! Also, all photographs must have a short description of how the diesel engine(s) or diesel vehicle(s) in the photo have been cleaned up in order to reduce emissions. All photographs are also eligible for the Judges’ Special Best of Show award. Additionally, the photographer retains the rights to the image and the SEDC reserves the right to use the image in its outreach program. Please read the following rules and information carefully. Please submit your entries by September 1, 2017 so they may be put into a presentation for the meeting.
SEDC Clean Diesel Photo Contest Categories:
General Photo Competition:
Clean Diesels at Ports: Images of clean diesels being operated in or around ports.
Clean Diesels and Freight Movement-the first and last mile: Images of clean diesels being operated in the beginning or end of the freight movement process, such as in intermodal facilities, distribution areas, rail yards or final delivery.
Clean Diesels and Clean Fuels: Images of clean diesel vehicles and clean alternative fuels in a work environment.
Judges’ Special Photo Competition:
Best in Show: One photograph from all of the above categories will be selected by the SEDC Strategic Planning Committee members as best representing clean diesels.
SEDC Photo Contest Rules:
- All entries must be the work of the entrant and must have been taken within the time period of January 2010 to the present. Metadata may be checked.
- All entries must be submitted as both a digital image in .JPEG format as well as a photograph. Maximum resolution for the JPEG file is 1600 x 1200 and a minimum resolution is 1024 x 768. (Primary Point of Contact is Dale Aspy at firstname.lastname@example.org and (404) 562-9041).
- The maximum size for photographs is 11” x 14”. Hard copies of the photographs are requested in advance of the meeting, but may be hand delivered on the first day of the meeting. Photographs will be returned to the entrant after the end of the contest and before the end of the SEDC 12th Annual Partner’s Meeting.
- The photographers name, contact information, and title of the image (if one is used) must be written on the back of the photograph or matte board if the photograph is matted.
- Each entrant may submit up to three images per category and a maximum of six images.
- The photographer retains the rights to the image and the SEDC reserves the right to use the image in its outreach program.
- Each entrant agrees to make no claim against the SEDC or hotel liable for loss or any damage to the image.